Lift manually or use a patient lift?
In the long run, a lifting system has more advantages...
In professional literature we find some remarkable facts regarding the manual lifting and moving of patients compared to the use of a patient lift.
Manual versus patient lift
- Manually moving patients can NOT be done safely despite specific techniques or maintaining good posture.
- A patient lift is more comfortable for the patient, and safer for both the patient and the attendant compared to moving manually.
- Moving using a patient lift generally takes less time and requires fewer attendants than moving manually.
Advantages of a lifting system
Based on various studies, it was found that a lifting system has the following advantages in the longer term:
- Fewer accidents.
- Increased productivity and employee satisfaction.
- Less time is lost and fewer absences among employees.
- Employees stay longer with the employer.
- Higher patient satisfaction and better care of patients (comfort).
- Higher quality of the work of the caregivers.